Saturday, November 21, 2009

Finally something to write about

Well I haven't worked as an expo in quite sometime. I technically have been working as an expo, but it's been so slow that nothing too exciting has happened. The last few weekends I've been sent home early or called to not even come in because it's been so slow. Tonight I got a message from my dreamy manager that I needed to come in a little earlier because I was the only expo tonight and there was only one manager there. Now this might not seem like a problem but usually there are two managers and one of them helps the expo out here and there and the other one helps the hostess out here and there. Needless to say, it's convenient having two managers. Once I got to work my manager came up to me and said, "Hey, we have 4 reservations of 12 coming in tonight, so it's gonna be pretty busy. I'll be around to help if you need it but mainly I'll be up front."I wasn't too worried, but sometimes when weekends get busy, servers run around like chickens with their heads chopped off and things just get out of control, which stresses me out. Well it got busy and it got busy pretty fast, but it was awesome. I love when it's busy. I actually get to do my job, and it's awesome. Well things did get out of control, but everything worked out fine. I loved tonight. It's been too long since I've gotten to actually work hard and it felt pretty good. Oh and can I just say that I love my kitchen staff. LOVE them. They are the best, so here is there shout out!!

Ok, well I needed to add something to make this blog informative and helpful for all you restaurant goers.. even though I'm sure you are all smarter than this.

Scenario: [This is told to me by one of my favorite servers] Table full of girls going to see New Moon. (You can already see this is a disaster right ;-).

I sent out 6 meals to a table. The dinner consisted of some nachos, burgers and salads. Our nachos are pretty delish. They are full of our homemade veggie chili, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and green onions. Sounds good to me. Our burgers are burgers, but pretty darn good ones, and our salads come with the dressing on them.

About 3 minutes after I sent this food out, my server comes to me and says, "I need some nachos pronto, but I just need them with just cheese." I ask him to explain because I need to let the kitchen managers what's going on and he tells me that this girl didn't want any of the other stuff that come with the nachos. Well this girl didn't read the menu very well apparently because in the menu it states everything that's on those nachos. A couple minutes later my server comes back with the salad he took out and said, "Hey, I need this salad without dressing." UGH. seriously? I asked my server to just admit to maybe messing up and forgetting to enter these things into the computer because servers mess up a lot, but nope. These girls didn't pay attention to the menu. annoying? heck yes. it puts everything behind a little and it's just annoying.

So lesson for the day:
Read the menu. It says what comes with your meal and if you don't want something, tell your server. It's frustrating for the kitchen to have to redo these silly things, and it costs us money because that's food wasted.

Well, I should be working a lot more this month with the holidays coming up so stick around because I will hopefully have some good stories...maybe not as good as the phone sex girl, but who knows.

Oh yeah, and Bee is officially done. :-( I'm sad

1 comment:

  1. Maybe instead of giving them new nachos, you could've thrown the nachos in their face. Some people would probably pay good money for service like that.

    ReplyDelete